Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Reading Now

Here's what I currently pick up to appease my reading jones:

Excursion to Tindari by Andrea Camilleri: This series about Sicilian cop Inspector Montalbano has become a favorite of mine. Just don't be hungry when you read one of these books - man this guy can eat, and eat well. This one's about the "New Mafia."

Like A Rolling Stone: Bob Dylan at the Crossroads by Greil Marcus: I can't escape my 1960s socialization. Wouldn't you want to know everything there is to know about "the greatest rock and roll song ever recorded"?

The Collected Stories of John O'Hara and The Complete Short Stories Of Ernest Hemingway : The Finca Vigía Edition: Never hurts to go back to those who knew how to get it done.

Chicano Detective Fiction by Susan Baker Sotelo: Well, of course. I didn't know, I didn't know --Luis Móntez is a feminist!

Riding high on my grandson's hit parade is Thomas Helps Out. Fix that broken whistle, Thomas. Next up for the kid and me is - Benjamin and the Word by Daniel Olivas.